Are you in the process of needing a tow but unsure what type to get? You’ve probably come across two common automotive types: wheel lift towing and flatbed towing. These are both useful for different purposes, so it’s important to understand their differences to determine which is right for your situation.
Both options offer benefits that can be beneficial in certain scenarios. Still, the decision should ultimately be based on the specific needs. This blog post will look into each type of tow service and explain how they might apply when considering your car’s care. Keep reading to learn more!
Wheel Lift Towing
This type of towing uses a flat metal arm with hooks at the end to lift the vehicle’s wheels and transport it. This type of towing is often more appropriate for vehicles that cannot safely be transported on flatbeds, such as trucks with long flatbed trailers or extremely high cars. Let’s examine the pros and cons to see if it’s the right choice for you!
- It requires little time and effort to load the vehicles.
- Wheel lift towing allows a much wider range of vehicles to be transported.
- It operates well in tight spaces and underground parking.
- Because of its low weight resistance, it can only be used for short-distance towing.
- This type of towing is better suited for flat surfaces, so it may not be the best option for dealing with uneven or rocky terrain.
Flatbed towing is a common type of tow service. It consists of a simple flatbed that can be used to move a car without wheels. With flatbed towing, your vehicle will be safely and securely transported on the flatbed while secured with strong straps or chains. But the question is: when should you use a flatbed tow? That depends on the advantages it provides for your specific vehicle.
- Your car will be transported on a flat surface that is leveled and stable.
- This flat surface protects the vehicle during transport, which can be especially important if you are dealing with an expensive or luxury car.
- Flatbed towing allows for easy access to loading and unloading vehicles from the flatbed.
- It has a higher weight capacity and is ideal for long-distance towing.
- It may take longer to load the vehicle into the truck safely.
- The flatbed has limited access for the car, so sometimes it can be difficult or near impossible to tow certain vehicles.
- This type of towing truck can be complicated to drive into tight spaces.
Get Professional And Affordable Towing in Stanislaus County, CA
If you’re looking for reliable towing services for your vehicle anywhere in Stanislaus County, CA, get in touch with Modesto Towing. Whether you need flatbed or wheel lift towing, our experienced technicians will safely and efficiently deliver your car to its destination. We have a 24-hour towing policy, so you can reach out anytime.
At Modesto Towing, we treat our clients with the utmost care and respect, as if we were helping a friend or a family member. We’re only a call away if you want to learn more about our affordable wheel lift and flatbed towing costs. And the next time you find yourself stranded on the road, remember that Modesto Towing can come to the rescue!