Many people do not know when their car battery is going bad. You are more likely aware of mobile car battery replacement service. The battery is responsible for starting the engine and powering all of your vehicle’s electrical components. A vehicle without a battery is like a person without a pumping heart; it just doesn’t work. Keep reading to know when it’s time to perform a mobile car battery replacement service on the spot.
Signs You Need A New Car Battery
The best way to avoid getting stranded with a dead battery is to be proactive and learn the signs that tell you it is time for a replacement.
- The engine is slow to start: A telltale sign that your battery needs to be replaced is if you have difficulty starting your car. With age, the parts inside a car battery will break down and work inefficiently.
- Check Engine Light is on or malfunctions: One of the functions of your car’s battery is to send an electrical signal to the engine control module. If something fails with the battery, it can cause the check engine light to come on.
- Dim headlights & Lighting Issues: Another sign that your battery is dying is if you notice that your headlights are dimming. It’s due to several reasons, but one possibility is that the voltage regulator which controls how much power goes to the lights is not functioning properly.
- Electrical malfunctions: If you start to experience electrical problems with your car, such as the power windows or radio not working, it’s a sign that your car is experiencing a power surge or drop.
- Poor performance in cold weather: In cold weather, car batteries tend to lose power more quickly if you notice that your car isn’t starting as easily in the cold weather or that the electrical components are not working well.
Be Proactive & Don’t Get Stranded!
If you notice the above signs, getting your battery checked out as soon as possible is important. Modesto Towing is one of the best places to get help. We offer a 24/7 “roadside assistance service near me” that can give you a jump start or a battery replacement service ASAP. Do it sooner rather than later; you’ll avoid getting stranded with a dead battery. What are you waiting for? Contact us today!