If you have ever gotten stranded on the side of the road, you probably had to deal with an emergency roadside assistance service or a tow truck. You might have even used a towing company if you had to get your car out of a ditch or move it to a new location. But did you know about other services towing companies can provide?
Emergency roadside assistance companies offer you much more than just towing your vehicle. If you’re ever in need of “roadside assistance near me,” keep reading and learn more about the services you can choose next time you’re stranded.
Signs You Need A New Car Battery
The best way to avoid getting stranded with a dead battery is to be proactive and learn the signs that tell you it is time for a replacement.
- The engine is slow to start: A telltale sign that your battery needs to be replaced is if you have difficulty starting your car. With age, the parts inside a car battery will break down and work inefficiently.
- Check Engine Light is on or malfunctions: One of the functions of your car’s battery is to send an electrical signal to the engine control module. If something fails with the battery, it can cause the check engine light to come on.
- Dim headlights & Lighting Issues: Another sign that your battery is dying is if you notice that your headlights are dimming. It’s due to several reasons, but one possibility is that the voltage regulator which controls how much power goes to the lights is not functioning properly.
- Electrical malfunctions: If you start to experience electrical problems with your car, such as the power windows or radio not working, it’s a sign that your car is experiencing a power surge or drop.
- Poor performance in cold weather: In cold weather, car batteries tend to lose power more quickly if you notice that your car isn’t starting as easily in the cold weather or that the electrical components are not working well.
Be Proactive & Don’t Get Stranded!
If you notice the above signs, getting your battery checked out as soon as possible is important. Modesto Towing is one of the best places to get help. We offer a 24/7 “roadside assistance service near me” that can give you a jump start or a battery replacement service ASAP. Do it sooner rather than later; you’ll avoid getting stranded with a dead battery. What are you waiting for? Contact us today!